Wednesday 16 March 2011

Progress Review



The past nearly 3 months has been totally uneventful for my portfolio. I hadn't realised until now but I've done absolutely nothing worth putting in there, and that's worrying. After last week's tutorial I thought a portfolio review was the best place to start in order to find some proper briefs to work on.


Today I took part in the Creative Milk Round event and spoke to a guy with the same opinions as the last industry professional I spoke to, which happen to coincide with mine quite nicely - My projects need to tell a story (especially the branding ones), there's so much extra work gone into them that people just don't see unless they're shown. So I need briefs that are big enough to to allow me to do that. I also want a better variety of finished pieces, I need to get away from all the stationary that's currently in there!

What I want in my portfolio
  • A publication, with content that interests me and I have contributed to.
  • Some environmental/spacial design as part of a brand.
  • Branding that allows me to fully exploit concepts and the inventive presentation of brand guidelines.




No comments:

Post a Comment