Thursday 17 March 2011

Breif Brainstorming

Pitt Rivers Museum

I remember visiting this place at a little kid, and I went back there this summer just gone. Its probably one of the most unique and unconventional museums in the country - offering huge collection of tribal artifacts. Anyway - looking on their website their branding looks pretty dated and unappealing to their family target audience..

This could be the perfect museum for the exhibition brief I'm looking to write.

The drive behind this brief was a publication that I really wanted for my portfolio - but now I've done a little research there's so much more to this brief that it might change - or even be necessary!



Something I missed off the deliverables is the possibility of gift shop merchandise.




Lacuna Inc

I also have an interest in psychology, the subconscious and to what extent this effects what we dream about. Trying to write a brief that allows me explore this and still fits within my rational was challenging, but I have arrived at what I think is a really exciting brief. Branding for the organisation Lacuna Inc., from the film 'Eternal Sunshine'. This avoids the issue I always have with re branding existing companies or making up my own - as this half way between the two!



No comments:

Post a Comment