Wednesday 16 March 2011

Music - MCFC Publication

Absolutely love large format publications right now. There's just something really tactile about them, especially when they're on newsprint like this. I think it's because you're so used to seeing newspapers in the format, that it's quite refreshing to see another use for it. There's a freedom to experiment with this size of publication that just doesn't exist with it's smaller relatives. Poster sized pieces of paper designed to be viewed at arms length - sounds like fun!

Anyway, the football orientated content is nothing that interests me - but it got me thinking about my dissertation and how proud I was to have some academic writing down, and how I would love to have that feeling about my design again - intelligent design requires an intelligent subject matter, and with things like The Creative Milk Round it's suddenly become strikingly obvious why I've been feeling pretty damn stupid recently.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment