Thursday 31 March 2011

Brief 4 - All stationery

None of these ranges are totally finished yet, but just to get an idea of the progress of each direction I thought I'd print them all out on the right stocks and in colour, as so far I've only been documenting the technical aspects.


Direction 1
I really like the stock and colour combination of this direction - however after a quantity of research I've found it to be completely inappropriate for the target audience. Far too informal and immature looking.




Direction 2
I was initially quite happy with this direction - feedback from the crit was that it was too corporate, and didn't accurately reflect Steve's involvement in the creative sector. I think there's a lot I can still use as far as layout is concerned, and plenty I can take away and develop further. It's also a good back up in case the client requires a more standardised design.





Direction 3
This is the direction I'm most happy with, as it's almost a mix of the two previous directions, taking the best bits and combining them.
I printed this out with the intention of cropping it down, but after a while of looking at it realised that I quite like the crop marks, there's something about them that suggest technical accuracy and technical drawing. The practice of technical drawing is evident in both architectural and interior design, and it seems appropriate to use these technical elements as part of the brand.

The process of development I have utilised throughout this brief (of printing out and dissecting the grid) has also informed the direction I want to take this in. I've been using and experimenting with grid structures throughout the project, and to a certain extent the grids have a visually pleasing quality of their own. I'd like to incorporate suggestions and elements of the grid in the actual design - which links back really nicely to the idea of construction and technicality mentioned earlier.

No comments:

Post a Comment