Wednesday 30 March 2011

Brief 2 - KTP - Evaluation

The first half of the year has got off to a slow start. The projects I'm working on are all live briefs and after a few tutorials I've realised a lot of my briefs don't allow me to full exploit my rationale. My desire to work with clients has given me a huge amount of experience in dealing with other people and finding a compromise between my own ideas and theirs - however this as left me with a compromised portfolio, and less time to do something about it. This brief in itself has been quite slow - and at first I wanted to blame things with the client, as there were problems with budget and the KTP package didn't end up going to print. There was also a lack of copy to put in the brochures, another reason I felt I couldn't carry on with the brief.

Looking back I realise it was my own fault I didn't resolve this brief quicker - Its my job as a designer to produce the work and it would have been very easy to take things into my own hands instead of letting other issues hold me back. This has been a very valuable lesson. You can't always waste for the client to tell you what they want - to a certain extent you just have to give them it.

No comments:

Post a Comment