Thursday 31 March 2011

Design Context Book.


So this is the first time in a while I've had a proper think about how I'm going to categorise the design context book - I say book, but I'm ot even sure of that either!

The above are the resulting notes from the discussion, and I just thought I'd take a few minutes to write them up in a logical order, so myself and other people can actually understand what the hell i'm talking about.

Concept
 - Branding, divided into what I see as the 4 main areas - Logo, Environmental, Range, Guidelines.
However I'm pretty certain these will change. Not happy about having logo on it's own, as there will no doubt be repetition through each category - This section will probably change to Print/Publication or something similar.

Content
- Each book will follow a similar structure - I need case studies, quotes, interviews and opinions of others to back up my own view. Each section will need an introduction, where I can state the purpose of the book/whatever it might be, as well as a practical 'how to' section, which will detail all the useful information I have gathered over the years - sizing, formats, colour palettes, finishes, stocks etc...

Format
 - Should be driven by the content, I am however quite set on the idea of having a set of publications of some kind that can be read in any order. This means the set of books (or whatever!) will be interpreted differently depending on which order they are read, thus resulting in a fresh opinion or inspiration to go away with each time.

Considerations
- The format and design should reflect the content where possible.
- It must be easy to navigate and understand.
- Who is involved in this industry?
- Define branding/corporate identity.
- Propose questions, I don't have to answer everything.
- Define a target audience
- Include limitations, I cannot include everything on this topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment