Wednesday 25 May 2011

Design Context Books - The Making Of..

Will and I set up a bookbinding workshop in my room to bind both out context books in one fell swoop. The whole process went really well. I've learnt so much about book binding recently - and how to set up indesign documents for print - Which has been really useful as it's become apparent recently that I missed quite a lot when I didn't sign up for the print workshops last year.
I' really pleased with how these booklets turned out - though I'm a bit annoyed that I didnt find a reason to use either of my interviews from brand new or teabag studios.. Oh well!

In the end I decided to categorise these booklets by packaging, spatial and publication branding. My rationale states that I do not have a focus on any particular deliverable, and I realise that this may seem a little contradictory - however over the past few month I've realised that although I do not want to assign myself to any one particular outcome - these are the ones that hold the most interest for me, and the three of them together offer quite a broad perspective of the areas in which branding exists.

No comments:

Post a Comment