Saturday 14 May 2011

Brief 3 - Pitt Rivers Branding Update

Using the calendar as a starting point, I've started playing around with concepts for a visual style that will work with the logo. After talking to Lorenzo and pin pointing the idea of an 'Indian Jones/Tomb Raider' type of adventure, I started playing around with light effects to achieve a feeling of excitement.


The crash zoom effect achieves a feeling of excitement, but I couldn't help but feel it was very similar to the Science Museum - it's got an air of discovery rather than adventure.

I moved the images around a little bit and came up with this instead, which I feel fits the criteria far better. It's not too childlike or too boring, so appeals to both my target audiences - and its reminiscent of old artifacts buried underground - with the light shining on them for the first time in years. Just the right tone of voice.

I'm going refine this idea further ahead of next weeks final crit, and produce the range as well.


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment