Tuesday 26 April 2011

Brief 3 - Pitt Rivers Calendar Development

Calendar development

Really happy with the calendars so far. The hardest part and something i always struggle with was deciding on a colour scheme - This was because I wanted the calendar to be divided into sections, as well as three of the key events of the year, and obviously all the colours have to work together.. Bit of a confusing system really. But I think I've cracked it.

The 4 colours below are the 4 colours that will be used in the entire branding of the museum - they also work as a gradient, which will be useful later on.

I've going to get rid of the black text and just have it the same colour as the stock. Below I have tried two stocks and intend to try a few more - one is a pale grey and the other just plain white.. I'll probably go with an off white stock as this will best reflect the aging nature of the museums artifacts.

I decided on the 4 colours below as I wanted the colour scheme to be vibrant enough to appeal to children, but retain the regal qualities that many of its older visitors have come to love.. I also think these colours reflect the gory nature of the objects in store.

No comments:

Post a Comment