Tuesday 18 January 2011

Creative Milk Round

Will and I spent the most of the day finalising our design directions for submission tomorrow morning. We basically took on each direction ourselves, but as we sat next to each other all day we were able to discuss what we were doing - so kind of collaborative, kind of not!
The bulk of the 'corporate' one was Will, and the more 'creative' one was my good self.

I took a few bits from some of the vintage illustrations and posters we had looked at last week. The script font was an absolute must - and the start burst made a few appearances as well. As this was a quick turn around brief I relied heavily on all the little techniques I already knew - I like to do this every once in a while as it reminds me of all the things I've learnt over the years and how I can produce something of a decent standard when pushed for time.

Development
Once I'd got the three or four elements that I knew I was going to use, it was simply a case of trial and error - arranging them in a way that worked with the format.




Deliverables
A3 Poster



E-Flyer


Twitter Background



Twitter Icon






Submission Boards



It was really nice to see a project through from start to printed boards in a day, even though the finished designs could be better (they could always be better though right?) I'm really happy with what we turned around today.
And it was a real pleasure to work with Will again - been a while since we collaborated!

No comments:

Post a Comment